America's Test Kitchen Kids is looking for a digital storyteller to manage and create our original Kids Video programming on YouTube and beyond.
Working under the direction of the Editor in Chief of ATK Kids, the Managing Video Producer, Kids, will develop and execute original, digital video content that fulfills our mission to create a new generation of empowered cooks, engaged eaters, and curious experimenters.
The Managing Video Producer, Kids, will be responsible for producing, shooting, and editing in addition to establishing a clear creative vision and style that can be executed by both internal and external production partners. This is a true right brain/left brain position for a passionate video creator who excels at both delivering and managing the production of engaging video content—and will thrive in a startup environment.
- Concept, produce, shoot, and edit new Kids Video content for distribution across all platforms with an emphasis on YouTube
- Manage workflow and deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously
- Mentor and manage a small team of 3-4 staff video editors / producers
- Hire, direct, and manage freelancers on how to work within the ATK Kids Video brand
- Supervise edits and provide feedback and support to staff editors and freelancers
- Work with Director of Post Production to streamline workflows and media management
- Create and implement process improvements
- Partner with EIC of ATK Kids and her team to execute video strategy for the brand and determine how to leverage and translate ATK Kids content into compelling video series
- Partner with Kids Marketing team to ensure video content brings new audiences to the brand
- Look for new opportunities to generate revenue, increase community engagement with the content, and find and convert new audiences
- Keep up-to-date with current video trends (formats, styles, equipment, software, techniques)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience producing, shooting and editing digital video content
- Previous experience mentoring and managing a team or crew
- Proficient with Sony Camera Systems (both studio and field)
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Must have a collaborative team-oriented mentality along with the ability to work independently and under close direction
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Strong shooting skills in a variety of styles
- Understanding of how to light, particularly how to light food and cooking segments involving talent
- Experience creating content for kids preferred; passion for cooking a plus