Simon Element, a new practical nonfiction imprint at Simon & Schuster, is searching for a Marketing Assistant to join their team. The Marketing Assistant will work directly with the Senior Marketing Director and Marketing Associate on creative marketing campaigns, and provide general administrative support for the publisher’s office.
Simon Element, a new practical nonfiction imprint at Simon & Schuster, is searching for a Marketing Assistant to join their team.
Founded in 2021, Simon Element publishes books addressing topics that are foundational to how we live—from the meals we eat to the relationships we nurture, the households we manage, and the goals we set and strive to achieve. The Marketing Assistant will work directly with the Senior Marketing Director and Marketing Associate on creative marketing campaigns, and provide general administrative support for the publisher’s office. This is a collaborative and engaging team that will build new marketing initiatives and explore industry-leading strategies.
This is a chance to immerse yourself in book marketing and learn about the publishing industry as a whole with opportunities to contribute on a meaningful level to a growing imprint. Simon Element is looking to welcome a new team member who has a passion for reading nonfiction books that help improve lives and enjoys connecting with other readers. If you love Booktok, testing out new recipes, and has the pulse on emerging trends and online conversations, please apply!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing general administrative support for publisher’s office and marketing department, including warehouse orders, database and records management, managing digital galley requests on Edelweiss and NetGalley, executing marketing mailings, maintaining imprint Goodreads account, and more
• Preparing materials for marketing and sales meetings and taking departmental notes
• Liaising between the Marketing team and the Ad/Promo department to keep track of department projects and design requests, writing copy for digital ads and promotions
• Assisting on title campaigns, with opportunities for increased responsibility and ownership of 1-2 campaigns per season
• Researching influencer and brand partnerships for title and social media campaigns; assisting the Marketing department in building out an influencer program
• Collaborating with the marketing team to create content for social media across TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter; opportunity to own management of social media platform(s)
• Strong understanding of social media platforms, particularly TikTok and Instagram; active and comfortable on social media and familiar with book influencers and communities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, necessary for emailing with authors, creating marketing materials and developing digital copy and social media messaging
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail, with demonstrated ability to meet and manage deadlines
• Self-motivated with the ability to think critically and to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrates the ability to work independently and as part of a team; comfort with Zoom and remote work; comfortable speaking in meetings and taking initative
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Applications
• Knowledge of Airtable, Photoshop, and Canva a plus
• Genuine interest in book marketing and publishing – with interest in wellness, culinary, self-help and mind, body, spirit categories a plus
The annual salary for this position is $50,000.00 - $50,000.00