Put your writing, shooting and editing skills to work in a diverse, growing market with an award-winning team of marketers at WLTX-TV.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Columbia, South Carolina Area
Aug 02, 2022
We’re looking for an innovative leader and doer who can take a brand-centric approach in the production of high-quality, high-impact creative. Our news, weather, and sports teams create content which puts the WLTX News19 On Your Side brand first. We’re looking for someone who knows how to infuse On Your Side into Investigative, Proof-of Performance, Sales Integration and Community Initiative spots. You must be high energy, collaborative and a team player. If this sounds like you, we have an immediate opening on our roster for WLTX News19 On Your Side MARKETING PRODUCER.
At least 5-years television marketing experience is required with a focus on Brand/Social is a must. Bring your larger-than-life ideas to Columbia, South Carolina and join a team that thrives on doing right by our viewers, one another and is passionate about the WLTX On Your Side brand.
- Develop and execute creative ON YOUR SIDE brand concepts via On-Air, Online Digital/Social platforms
- Campaigns should deliver a clear message and reinforce the value of viewer advocacy, while entertaining and informing local customers, viewers and users.
- Guiding the overall look/tone/feel through writing, shooting and editing on-air spots and other marketing materials.
- Strong writing skills are essential.
- Know how to tell a story and sell it.
- Know how to live and breathe the brand and convey it to others.
- Strong knowledge and use of EDIUS, Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects is key.
- Collaborate with internal departments (such as news/sales) to market content.
- Launch multi-platform news content, programming, and sales partnership campaigns.
- Conceptualize and pitch innovative campaigns and ideas to build the WLTX News19 On Your Side brand using traditional and untraditional attention getting digital and social assets.
- 5-years television marketing experience
- Work under pressure, develop production plans, prioritize deadlines, manage multiple activities, collaborate productively and positively.
- Apply strategic thinking, meet goals, work continually toward self-development.
- Communicate and work on a team knowing, there is no “I” in team.
- Be a liaison to cross departmental boundaries.
- Ability to pitch and present concepts and campaigns to key clients and news content leadership and analyze results.
- Edit using EDIUS, Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects and other production systems.
- Possess the knowledge and skills to operate a variety of production equipment, advanced lighting techniques and systems related to location and studio setups.
- Work a flexible schedule; it’s all hands-on deck during severe weather and breaking news scenarios
- Work Environment: Office
- Physical Demands: Light work
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%