Do you have a passion for A/V, a love for learning, and are at your best when supporting others? The creative and dynamic Media Systems group is seeking an Audiovisual (A/V) Technician to join our accomplished team! We design, build, and support the evolving and growing A/V infrastructure at Pixar.
Audio / Music / Sound
San Francisco Bay Area
Jul 05, 2023
This is a full time temporary position offered for 6 months.
Do you have a passion for A/V, a love for learning, and are at your best when supporting others? The creative and dynamic Media Systems group is seeking an Audiovisual (A/V) Technician to join our accomplished team! We design, build, and support the evolving and growing A/V infrastructure at Pixar. This infrastructure spans across a wide variety of spaces like: conference and video conference rooms, screening rooms, theaters, recording studios, and editorial suites. You are comfortable being the first line of response and offering outstanding customer support in any situation. You are curious, drawn towards the details, and fascinated by how technical things work. If these traits resonate with you, then come talk to us!
- Set up and support a variety of systems ranging from mobile A/V carts to conference rooms and beyond
- Teach end users how to best operate these systems to improve their experience and minimize support calls
- Test conference rooms daily to discover and fix any issues before they impact users
- Respond to various types of incoming support requests and resolve them individually or with team member support as needed
- Support fellow teammates on their projects
- Maintain our shop space by managing incoming shipments, keeping inventory stocked and organized, and consigning equipment
- Set up sound equipment and test for smaller group events
- Working knowledge of A/V systems with an understanding of signal types, signal flows, and how to connect components of basic systems
- Proactive approach in discovering, diagnosing, and troubleshooting technical problems
- Keen ability to quickly assess situations and deliver timely and appropriate solutions when tending to urgent issues or working on projects
- Experience providing excellent customer service with a positive disposition and clear communication
- Ability to handle support situations with a calm and methodical approach
- Capable of managing time and prioritizing tasks independently, and mindful of when to seek advice or help from teammates as needed
- Effective researching skills to discover difficult solutions via web, manuals, or by connecting with manufacturers
- Comfortable working in Mac and Windows operating systems
- Experience with Zoom software and hardware is a bonus
The hiring range for this position in Emeryville is $58,395.00 to $75,570.00 per year.