KENS-TV serving San Antonio and surrounding communities is looking for an experienced morning show newscast producer to help drive our morning show from 4:30am-7am.
KENS-TV serving San Antonio and surrounding communities is looking for an experienced morning show newscast producer to help drive our morning show from 4:30am-7am. As a morning news producer, you will collaborate with news managers, directors, editors, reporters, fellow producers and anchors on the overall content and flow of our news content. The morning news producer will primarily focus on originating and producing daily stories for on-air broadcasts. This position will work with newsroom staff to develop content that showcases the news of the day and delivers interesting and engaging content to the public.
Our producers are more than show stackers – they are seeking out and producing engaging and impactful content. They also have a strong knowledge of digital storytelling. The ideal candidate is an energetic, passionate storyteller and communicator, who excels at planning, researching, and writing segments/stories. The producer must have a strong understanding of AP Style writing, broadcast production techniques, and the ability to multi-task in a faced-paced environment.
The producer must be creative, have a strong editorial voice and the interpersonal skills to collaborate with others to ensure newscast are executed clearly on air, are relevant to current events and meet audience preferences. This role will skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover, write and produce content for the newscast.
This is an overnight position from 11pm-8am Monday-Friday. A strong passion for morning news is a must.
• Create, write, and arrange content for morning newscasts.
• Work with other show producers, on-air talent, and news management, to create new content and showcase content in unique ways. Work with digital team to highlight digital content on air, making sure this content is being properly showcased inside all newscasts.
• Look for opportunities to create original content. Work with reporters and anchors to enhance their daily stories with graphics and production techniques that will help tell the story in more visual and compelling way.
• Collaborate with the morning show team on developing news stories and planning; pitch and write/produce stories on-air news coverage and online platforms.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 1-3 years’ newsroom producing required at a minimum.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills and ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook.
• Knowledge of ENPS preferred.
• Utilize AP style, as well as best web-production practices and story packaging.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.