Are you looking for an opportunity that’s different from all other finance positions on the market? Then look no further: we are “casting” a Production and Business Accountant to manage the accounting and payroll duties for our scripted fictional TV movies.
Based in our Köln office, this is a one-man show position reporting to the Head of Production. We have 2-4 movie shoots each year so this is the perfect opportunity to provide you to get to know our exciting industry and the magic behind movies!
- Be the first point of contact for Production Management Teams, Production Accountants and internal Finance/Accounting department.
- Take responsibility for coordinating all production contracts and vendor information, and work closely with production management team in all contract and vendor matters.
- Working closely with the internal accounting team, review and track instalment payments and monitor incoming and outgoing payments.
- Periodically review all production costs and work with production team to reassign costs when necessary.
- Produce invoicing of verification costs and pension fund.
- Preparation and finalization of production cost accounting including settlements of final instalment payments and production payroll, ensuring proper transfer of duties to incoming/exiting production accountants.
- When required, hold full responsibility of Production Accountant for assigned productions including production payroll, invoicing and cost reconciliations, and fulfil all duties from beginning to end of production.
- Complex accounting experience
- Experience in Payroll
- Fluency in German and English.
- Proper knowledge of insurance, labor, and tax law.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with JustProduce or Sage
Severely disabled employees are welcome in our company and will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified. Flexible Working hours are offered to assist.