CBS News station in Dallas-Fort Worth seeks a dynamic, experienced Multi-Platform Promo Producer to manage and track content that is produced locally and regionally to support station storytelling mission on multiple platforms.
Our new initiative has created a local news innovation lab home of a curated team to experiment with next-generation storytelling, data journalism, new product testing, workflows, and production models for the future.
Come build your talents with us. Be part of our exciting new-innovation launch and join our amazing team located in Fort Worth, where quality of life can actually be affordable!
To learn more about the exciting launch of the Local News Innovation Lab, click below:
- Write, produce, and edit daily linear newscast topicals for late newscast
- Generate and post creative teases for social media and OTT marketing on-a-daily basis to drive viewership to our late newscast
- Attend/contribute to daily news planning meetings onsite
- Generate and execute ideas to improve workflow and create efficiency within the department
- Assist with other department projects including promotions, content-creation, and commercial production
- Assist with station community events and activations
- Available to work nights and weekends as needed
- Other Projects as Assigned
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
- Excellent tease-writing skills and the ability to produce effective promos with great copy and sound use
- A demo reel showcasing your excellent writing and editing skills in daily news promotion will put you to the top of our list
- Strong copywriting skills for social media and OTM (own the moment) opportunities with an emphasis on Facebook and Youtube platforms
- Advanced knowledge of Premiere editing. Plus, videography and lighting skills are very helpful
- Previous promotional experience at a local TV affiliate or similar
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced news environment and manage deadline pressures
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively with on-site news producers, production staff and our outside media agency
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, iNEWS and WideOrbit a plus
- Experience working with server-based media system for news and commercials is helpful