Office of Schenectady, NY: The Multimedia Production Technician is responsible for acquiring multimedia content using video and still cameras in both studio and field production environments.
Full Job Description
Four years of experience as a news videographer, studio camera operator, art director, copywriter, graphic designer, account executive, video editor, web designer, or similar position at a national network, local network television affiliate, cable news, commercial media production facility, or marketing or communications agency. College study in a related field may substitute for up to three years of experience as listed above with thirty credit hours equaling one year of experience.
The Multimedia Production Technician is responsible for acquiring multimedia content using video and still cameras in both studio and field production environments.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Complete setup and operation of studio, event and field production equipment; including cameras, switchers, routers, mixers, character generators, teleprompters, lights and microphones.
- Technically direct live events and studio productions.
- Manage digital media; including capturing, editing, transcoding, archiving, file delivery, DVD authoring, replication and storage capacity management.
- Operate DSLR and ENG-Style cameras for both single camera film-style shoots and still photography.
- Identify and respond to technical issues using available resources to remedy the situation.
- Serve as crew member for ENG-style field productions.
- Function as crew member for multi-camera live productions in both control room and studio assignments; including technical director.
- Complete post-production projects in Adobe Premiere including editing and output to digital video files.
- Work schedule will include evening and weekend shifts. Training schedule may vary from starting schedule of 3:30-11:30PM Wednesday through Sunday. In general, work schedules for this position will change over time.
- Includes travel and overtime in support of operations, as necessary.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of software is desirable (especially Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Lightroom).