The network digital team is seeking an entry level Digital Writer to create engaging content and manage social media channels for our national television networks that engages fans of all ages across media verticals – entertainment, nostalgia, history, pop-culture, travel, current events, lifestyle and science fiction.
Greater Chicago Area
Aug 29, 2022
The ideal candidate will have experience coordinating articles, photos and video assets, and creating a community of fans with short, social and digestible posts.
- Create multiple daily articles and quizzes.
- Create content for multiple Weigel brands.
- Transform original content to web exclusives, newsletters, and articles.
- Collaborate with media executives across marketing, programming and sales.
- Serve as an ambassador of our brands to engage talent, fan groups and organizations.
- Reach millions of fans that are visiting our digital properties.
- Research pop culture and nostalgic content in order to create clickable, engaging content.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for job, if not currently employed by Weigel Broadcasting Co.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent experience.
- A demonstrated passion for pop-culture and emerging social media platforms.
- Successful editing and writing experience in digital publishing.
- Basic image editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and interpreting analytics
- Responsiveness to our fans in improving the viewer and user experience across platforms
- Aptitude and curiosity: someone who wants to learn more, has demonstrated skill growth, and is relentlessly self-improving.
- A team player who makes others successful.