CUMULUS MEDIA | RENO, NV has an immediate opening for News Director. This is someone who is a local-first leader who understands story selection, the power of audio and nat sound and the ability to grab the listener with compelling, fast-paced storytelling.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Reno, Nevada Area
Oct 26, 2023
CUMULUS MEDIA | RENO, NV has an immediate opening for News Director. This is someone who is a local-first leader who understands story selection, the power of audio and nat sound and the ability to grab the listener with compelling, fast-paced storytelling. We need someone who knows what breaking news is, how to respond to it, and most importantly how to make our coverage shine during it! We are a fully staffed newsroom with all the tools you’ll need. Now we just need you to lead it! Social media skills (Facebook, Twitter, etc are a must), so is the ability to appear on camera and shoot video. You must also be willing to hit the street and report. Reno is a dynamic, fast-growing city with more than enough interesting stories to uncover, not to mention a fun place to be, so come join us! The ideal candidate has more than five years' experience in medium-to-major market broadcast news, should possess an extremely good work ethic, positive attitude, is a self-starter, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
CUMULUS MEDIA | RENO, NV currently features 4 radio stations in the Reno metro area: KBUL 98.1 THE BULL, KKOH 780 News/Talk, KNEV The Vibe 95.5, & KWYL Wild 102.9 area and surrounding counties. Our cluster of 4 radio stations reach thousands of listeners on a daily basis.
- Coordinates and executes all on-site logistics for daily appearances and live broadcasts
- Special assignment and long-range news planning
- Must be able to coordinate breaking news coverage and oversee content on the web and social media
- Assists in the development and execution of major station events/campaigns including contesting, sponsor/client coordination, event logistics, hospitality, production, etc.
- Attends evening and weekend station events including client appearances, concerts, etc., as needed
- Provides regular performance feedback to staff.
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills
- May be required to lift up to 25lbs
- Must possess valid state driver’s license
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of digital and social media
- Requires in-office business hours and will include additional hours out of office, including nights, weekends, and some holidays