CBSNews.com is looking for a news editor to cover breaking news and stories on a wide range of topics, including politics, health, crime, culture and entertainment!
Jan 13, 2023
We are looking for someone with strong news judgment who can write and edit clear, accurate, fact-driven copy and craft compelling headlines on deadline in a fast-paced environment. Scrupulous attention to detail, a cool head under pressure, and excellent communication skills are essential!
You will be assigned a Sunday-Thursday evening shift. You will need to work some holidays and shift your schedule as news breaks.
- Coordinate, produce and update web coverage of news stories, gathering the latest information from a variety of sources, always being mindful of company standards.
- React quickly to breaking news, writing and publishing articles and running live blogs
- Edit captions and publish videos from CBS News streaming coverage, and embed live streams in written articles on developing stories.
- Manage the CBSNews.com homepage to present the best of the journalism we produce.
- Work with CBSNews.com reporters, network show teams and the CBS News streaming team to publish the best of CBS News to our website.
- Track content performance via analytics tools to help inform your decision-making
- Send CBS News app, Apple News and OTT alerts to segments of the audience based on user behavior and location as needed
- Send breaking emails as needed
What you bring to the team:
- You have 2+ years of experience in a digital breaking news environment and a proven ability to react quickly as news develops
- You are a skilled writer who can produce quality copy on deadline
- You have an interest in framing content in an engaging way for a digital audience
- You're deeply familiar with analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Omniture, Chartbeat and Parse.ly
- You thrive in a collaborative team environment
Hiring Salary Range: $70,000.00 - 90,000.00.