WTMJ, the NBC affiliate in Milwaukee, WI, is looking for a part time producer to join our team.
Greater Milwaukee Area
Jun 07, 2022
If you are a newsroom leader looking for a challenging opportunity, then this is the place for you to create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills. We are looking for the best of the best!
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
- You are intrigued as you are already two paragraphs in and reading this job description.
- You let us know you are interested (apply, email, call, shout it from the rooftops).
- We call you and ask you to tell us more about yourself.
- You talk with more incredible team members.
- You meet the team in-person (and sometimes via Zoom or Facetime – technology is SO COOL these days).
- You tell everyone about your AH-mazing candidate experience and how thrilled you are to become a part of the Scripps team.
- Your friends jump on the bandwagon and join us too.
- Passion for the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related experience.
- 2+ years of experience as a television writer or producer preferred, but not required.
- A local news junkie mentality: knowing news of the day; having vision and ability to advance the big story.
- Above all, you love to write … a word smith, grammar guru, courageous and creative storyteller.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Arrive at the station.
- Begin preparing for airtime – lead story, showcasing, multiplatform coverage, all the entertaining pieces.
- Collaborate with reporters, anchors, news managers, assignment editors and the digital team to determine content and multiplatform needs.
- Make the broadcast shine with graphics, video, research and station branding.
- Work alongside your amazing team to prep for a flawless show.
- Throw all the above out the window because breaking news just happened.
- Respond to and cover above-mentioned breaking news.
- Go home, get some rest and get ready to come back and have a totally different day tomorrow.
- Work hours as assigned weekday and weekend.