NBC Universal is looking for a News and Trending Writer to join NBCLX, a news brand dedicated to inspiring our Gen Z/ Millennial audience through innovative and creative storytelling.
Greater New York City Area
Apr 11, 2022
The right candidate is an inventive writer with a strong voice who is excited about the opportunity to write about a range of topics depending on the news and trends of the day – anything from an in-depth explainer on new CDC guidance to a quick-turn breakdown of the latest TikTok trend. We’re looking for not just a strong writer, but an original thinker who is also a great teammate and collaborator.
Working with a strong knowledge of SEO and social media trends, the News and Trending Writer will identify outside-the-box story ideas that speak to our young audience and produce articles with a strong, authentic voice. Experience working with broadcast teams to repackage on-air content for a digital audience is helpful but not required.
- At least 3 years of professional experience writing for a digital-first news organization or brand.
- Experience working in a newsroom and creating content on fast-paced deadlines.
- Strong grasp of AP style.
- Prior experience working with a CMS.
- Understanding of digital analytics and trends.
- Basic current knowledge of copyright laws as it applies to digital publishing and social media.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.