Responsible for gathering, creating and distributing text and audio content to radio stations, websites and other platforms as required. Employee will write content for national wire service . This includes summaries for local markets as assigned and the production of news audio.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
San Antonio, Texas Area, Austin, Texas Area, Houston, Texas Area
Nov 10, 2023
Responsible for gathering, creating and distributing text and audio content to radio stations, websites and other platforms as required. Employee will write content for national wire service . This includes summaries for local markets as assigned and the production of news audio. Employee may also anchor newscasts. This may be an overnight, afternoon, early morning or weekend position - please be willing to work these shifts if you apply (very likely overnights).
What You'll Do:
• News writer/anchor
• Gathers, writes, edits and prepares content (text and audio) for wire service.
• Anchors national and local newscasts as assigned.
• General newsroom responsibilities.
What You'll Need:
• Three-plus years of news/journalism experience
• Fully proficient with station(s)’ computer, voice and data systems or ability to learn new systems quickly
• Knowledge of local audience’s interests and preferences
• Excellent writing and editing ability; excellent grammar
• Strong time management skills; adept at setting priorities and managing deadlines
• Ability to plan and organize, manage projects and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• High degree of attention to detail, optimal work standards and process improvement ability
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, can collaborate with all station staff
• Four-year Bachelor's degree in a related field; Media, Communications, or Journalism preferred
• None required
What You'll Bring:
- Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
- Full proficiency and understanding of job function
- Open communication with colleagues and direct reports that encourages collaboration and team consensus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Efficiency with independent work under minimal guidance
- Commitment to process improvement for overall team effectiveness
- Professional communication that stresses diplomacy, empathy and patience
Day, Evening, Overnight