NewsNation is hiring an experienced Editorial & Booking Producer to help lead the nightly program ‘On Balance with Leland Vittert.’ The role is Washington, D.C. based.
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Sep 01, 2022
This position works closely with talent and show management to drive the editorial/booking strategy. Responsibilities include scheduling show guests, handling newsmaker requests, and organizing long-range pitches. Candidates should be passionate about news, with a talent for crafting a tailored and unique approach to stories we care about.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with content team to build daily editorial vision
• Identify and book top tier guests for targeted stories
• Conduct pre-interviews and research
• Cultivate external relationships, plan editorial futures, and build long-term guest pitches
• Source and organize elements for show segments and coordinate with show producers
• Pitch stories with unique editorial angles suitable for the show
Requirements & Skills:
• 3+ years of editorial experience in a fast-paced environment for a national news program (broadcast, cable or digital)
• Extensive list of contacts and relationships; ability to book high-profile guests (emphasis on politics)
• Strong organizational, research and multi-tasking skills; ability to pivot and prioritize
• Willingness and ability to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
• Knowledge of and passion for current events and politics.
• Flexibility with hours, as the news cycle and deadlines warrant