The Mill: The Nuke Compositor is responsible for seamlessly integrating all the layers or elements of a shot, including live-action and computer graphic elements.
London, United Kingdom
Jun 09, 2023
The Nuke Compositor is responsible for seamlessly integrating all the layers or elements of a shot, including live-action and computer graphic elements. They work closely with Visual Effects Supervisor and CG Lead to composite the numerous elements that complete visual-effects shots.
- Working in collaboration with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach to assigned shots
- Taking briefs and direction from Lead Compositors and VFX Supervisors to execute assigned shots
- Integrating 2D, 3D and live action elements to high-end visual effects film standard
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines
- Ongoing communication with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot
- Working with a good knowledge of color space principles
- At least 3 years production experience with Nuke (Foundry) and an excellent working knowledge of the software.
- An excellent working knowledge of tracking software – PF Track, Mocha Pro
- A familiarity with working with multiple render passes
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail, composition, color and lighting
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve
- An understanding of color space principles
- Knowledge of practical lighting for photography
- A working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
- Experience in dealing and communicating with clients
- Programming and coding experience and knowledge
- Working knowledge of Flame (Autodesk).