The Third Floor is seeking a Nuke Compositor to join our London team. Candidates should have extensive experience compositing in Nuke and a solid understanding of the fundamentals of VFX and cinematography.
London, United Kingdom
Mar 29, 2022
Although postvis doesn’t form part of the final image, it is essential to shape the edit and contribute to the preview and bidding process. Artists at The Third Floor collaborate with high-profile directors, editors, and VFX supervisors and must be prepared to implement changes on the fly. Compositors are required to work fluidly and efficiently.
(Please note: If an open position is not available at this time, we can retain your application and get in touch as soon as a suitable opportunity becomes available.)
- Compositing shots.
- Tracking, roto, integration of CG and live-action elements.
- 3D projections, lighting and colour grading.
- Maintain a high consistent standard of quality and speed.
- Working closely with teammates, director, and supervisor.
- Substantial experience compositing in Nuke.
- Possess a strong sense of composition, colour, lighting, perspective, and scale.
- Knowledge of roto, paint, tracking, keying, clean-up, and colour correction.
- Excellent understanding of techniques and technologies related to CG rendering and compositing.
- Experience in set extension and matte painting integration.
- Maintain a clean and organized Nuke workflow.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Able to take direction and work under tight deadlines.
- Compositing in After Effects is an advantage.
- 3D tracking software, e.g. PFTrack, 3DEqualiser.
- 3D Animation software, e.g. Maya, Unreal a benefit.
- Scripting in Python is a plus.
- Training & Development - We offer group training sessions for all roles and disciplines.
- Coffee Wednesdays - Supporting independent coffee shops, every Wednesday afternoon, our studio takes a mid-week break to socialize and have that all-important screen break!
- Work-life balance - We believe in a healthy work-life balance and encourage our staff to start and finish work on-time, we strive to avoid overtime and weekend work.
- Social events - We understand the importance of social interaction and we hold an annual summer picnic, a Christmas party and a February blues party.