Under the direct supervision of the Property Master, the On-Call (As Needed) Associate Property Master is accountable for maintaining the integrity of HSN’s furniture and prop elements used on multi-platform productions along with coordinating and transporting these visual elements from storage facility to set location and back.
Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
Oct 04, 2022
- Clearly communicates and executes daily props logistics, location placement and delivery deadlines, adhering to timely and efficient delivery and placement of furniture and related items to be used for set styling.
- Transports Furniture, props and related visual elements between broadcasting site and offsite storage location as needed to support productions while establishing and cultivating working partnerships with the stylists.
- Works on a team that supports the safe handling, storage and tracking of HSN’s visual/scenic inventory.
- Assists Property Master as needed providing daily information regarding warehouse prop or item pulls, warehouse space, trafficking, returns and organizational tasks.
- Updates the online library for all props, furniture, and/or set elements so that it is current. (Property Tracker Database Asset Management System)
- Performs routine maintenance, painting, and repair of furniture, prop, and visual elements.
- Assists Property Master and TV Creative team with overall inventory strategy including monitoring and measuring the overall inventory activity such as tracking, accuracy, cycle counting, purge, shrink and storage capacity constraints.
- Effectively communicates and builds relationships with all levels across all related business and cross platform units.
What You Bring
- 3-year prop house, warehouse, retail delivery service, inventory, moving, painting, carpentry, scenic, TV, Theater or related production experience required.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. (Word, Excel, Power Point, One Note and Outlook)
- Ability to operate a sit-down counterbalanced lift truck, or willingness to be trained.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to comprehend, read, learn, and understand instruction both written and oral
- Must be detail oriented and resourceful.
- Capability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities across multiple departments
- Ability to adhere to safety regulations and use proper tools associated with transporting items.
- Ability to operate general office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, computer, printer) stationed between 3 & 4 feet high.
- Must be able climb stairs or ladders and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to maneuver through tight spaces. (balance, kneel, crouch, and crawl); ability to lift boxes, props, product and/or equipment weighing approximately 5-30lbs; ability to move boxes, props, furniture, product and equipment weighing approximately 5-100bs. (Includes lifting, pulling, pushing assembling, and placing items)
- Ability to move to different shifts as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Basic knowledge of studio and storage equipment including production materials, furniture, props, visual collateral, three dimensional elements, sets, cameras, and lighting equipment.
- Ability to work Four 10-hour shifts (weekly) that may include nights and weekends to support 24/7 production business.