Have you been successfully navigating a live TV production environment, in a Control Room role? QVC is looking for an On Call Control Room Operator/Broadcast Technical Operator to work onsite in West Chester, PA.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Philadelphia Area
Sep 21, 2023
Have you been successfully navigating a live TV production environment, in a Control Room role? QVC is looking for an On Call Control Room Operator/Broadcast Technical Operator to work onsite in West Chester, PA. Reporting to the Television Operations Manager, the On Call Control Room Operator/Broadcast Technical Operator will perform the duties of the Assistant Director, Graphics Operator, Audio Board Operator and Camera Operator positions for the live broadcast.
*Must live within approximately 40 miles of West Chester, PA*
- Take direction from the Line Producer concerning the timing and order of production elements and communicate the direction to the live team at the appropriate time.
- Operate video servers, still store, routers and robotic cameras for the live broadcast.
- Set up cameras with back stage team according to blocking standards using robotic controls.
- Manage video clips and graphics for on air play out.
- Operate graphics position for live broadcast.
- Operate audio console and associated audio and video servers for live broadcast.
- Operate camera for live broadcast. May include jimmy jib, hand held, robotic and specialty cameras.
- Elevate production issues
- Elevate technical issues
- Communicate critical production information to live production team
- Assist director of live broadcast
- There are no guaranteed minimum hours for on-call roles.
We have a need for applicants to be available for 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts; Sunday – Saturday.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Media, Communications, or directly related field required.
- A minimum of 2 years of RECENT and DIRECTLY RELATED experience live broadcast television production experience is required, along with hands-on experience working within control room operations, broadcasting equipment including: audio boards, character generators, servers, and camera robotics required.
- Ability to lift and operate handheld camera weighing 26lbs.
- Ability to move to different shifts as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Ability to access and enter information using and automated system quickly & accurately.
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders.
- Ability to work on elevated surfaces (lighting rafters- studio).
- Ability to lift items (i.e. boxes, manuals, merchandise, inventory, etc.) weighing approximately up to 100lbs.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to differentiate between colors.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to comprehend and apply complex information.
- Ability to concentrate for prolonged periods of time.
- Maintain attendance according to company policy.
Day, Evening, Overnight