American Queen Voyages: The Onboard Video Technician is responsible for the filming and editing of all AQSC fleet training program videos for all departments onboard the fleet’s vessels. This position will also oversee maintaining the quality, editing and accuracy of all videos and the fleet’s comprehensive video library.
Greater New Orleans Area
Feb 01, 2022
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create, film, and edit all AQSC training program videos for all departments within the AQV fleet including, but not limited to, onboard service, hotel and safety operations, hotel equipment procedures, as well as general ongoing employee training and development
- Responsible for the upkeep of the fleet’s comprehensive video library
- Maintain, edit, and update all training videos, as needed, to reflect any changes as directed by assigned Hotel Director/Executive Vice President of Operations
- Stay abreast of all training program/policy updates which would require new or edited video content
- Manage the completion and approval process of all videos before publication and release to employees in coordination with the appropriate members of management
- Work alongside appropriate management to ensure that videos are accurately loaded into Helm or other designated systems/files
- Assist in the development of fleet training modules
- Create, film, and edit any video footage required by the division including, but not limited, to guest TV programming, onboard events, safety/accident footage, entertainment department review requests, etc.
- Produce short videos for SSOA members when awarded top tier status •Support AQSC social media campaigns, as required
- Work cohesively alongside members of management and vessel crew to complete videos
- Make hospitality standards an important part of day-to-day duties
- Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated drills and emergency procedures as directed
- Actively participates in embarking duties such as loading, unloading, luggage carrying, etc., as needed
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned or requested by Hotel Director or Vice President of Operations
- Available to any Hornblower sister company upon request, as approved by Vice President of Hotel Operations
Requirements & Qualifications
- HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Professional Certification(s) or License:
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) – if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
- Valid Driver’s License
- Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a pleasant and professional manner
- Must maintain a clean, neat and professional appearance at all times
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Ability to train and supervise employees
- Logically and independently plan, organize and complete work assignments
- At least four years of experience in a position with similar duties and responsibilities
- Cruise industry experience preferred
- Must submit to and pass mandated USCG physical
- Ability to meet and maintain the maximum onboard bunk bed capacity of 300 lbs.
- Ability to conduct work in a marine environment that is subject to some/all the following: confined spaces, uneven surfaces, variations in temperature, wake, and motion
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
*Additional requirements may be required depending on the physical needs of the role.