This position is based in Atlanta, New York, Washington D.C., or Los Angeles.
TheGrio is looking for a video producer/editor to create original content for all platforms. This producer will be based within theGrio Video Team to create editorial news packages, as well as engaging content on all major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok).
Greater Atlanta Area
Mar 09, 2022
We’re looking for a creative producer, who pitches new ideas daily and is always in the know about the culture and stories in need of amplification. A strong passion for Black news and knowledge of issues impacting Black communities is a must.
The ideal candidate should have proficient video production skills in shooting and editing to deliver engaging work for digital audiences. Graphic design skills are a plus. A current portfolio demonstrating ability is required.
- Ability to work in a breaking news environment, while producing longer-term assignments.
- Write, direct, and produce engaging high-quality videos from start to finish. Includes social media and other long-form content.
- Develop and execute ideas for original video series.
- Manage production of all deliverables from conception to completion.
- Pull assets for video and properly clear photos, footage and archival material.
- Consistently seek out new storytelling methods and techniques to keep theGrio brand relevant and competitive.
- Be collaborative, coachable, and open to feedback.
- Produce quality video within tight deadlines.
- Maintain high journalistic standards and practices.
- Proactively supporting a healthy newsroom culture and helping develop new production processes for a growing team.
- Stay up to date on news and current affairs pertaining to Black America and the diaspora.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays, and overnights, under tight deadline pressure, occasionally with little or no warning.
- Keeping abreast of current news, pop culture, music, sports and always keeping a pulse on Twitter trending topics, internet and meme culture.
- 4+ years of experience in creating high-quality video content.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro is a plus.
- Photography skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and works well under deadline pressure.
- Highly organized in the curation of project files and archives.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, multi-tasking successfully.
- Infallible attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of current events.
We are the #1 Black-owned, digital video-centric news platform devoted to providing Black America with compelling stories and perspectives.
Established in 2009, TheGrio is a trusted voice in the Black community. In 2022, we're continuing to reshape media narratives, uplift Black voices, and report from the front lines of our communities.
Day, Evening, Overnight