CUMULUS MEDIA | Nashville is searching for an experienced Overnight Producer for WKDF. The Producer organizes, conceptualizes and develops topics, features and guests for a new Live in studio Overnight Show that represents the lifestyle and interests of the show’s listeners.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Nashville Area
Mar 27, 2023
CUMULUS MEDIA | Nashville is searching for an experienced Overnight Producer for WKDF. We strive to hire people who are passionate about radio, driven, resourceful and problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success. The successful candidate knows we work in the entertainment business and takes pride in the success of their On-Air talent.
CUMULUS| Nashville, TN currently features 5 stations in the Nashville area and surrounding counties. Our stations include: sports giant 104.5 the zone (WGFX), live and local talk station 99.7 Super Talk (WWTN), 92Q (WQQK) our Urban Adult Contemporary Station, 95.5 NASH ICON (WSM-FM) plays todays Country music, NASH 103.3 FM (WKDF) is Nashville’s hottest country station. The cluster of 5 stations reaches thousands of listeners on a daily basis.
The Producer organizes, conceptualizes and develops topics, features and guests for a new Live in studio Overnight Show that represents the lifestyle and interests of the show’s listeners. This person will also partner with the show’s host, Program Director and others to create engaging content and increase listenership. The producer is responsible for the daily technical operation of the show as well as helping to keep the show’s social platforms relevant and up-to-date.
- Live management and radio board operation production of the show’s daily moment to moment content, sound and presentation
- Participation in the creation and updating of all ‘in show’ and ‘out of show’ imaging, produced teases/promos and production elements.
- Managing the show’s daily digital content with regards to relevance, creativity and tune-in messaging, 7 days a week, on our website, texting and social media platforms
- Actively participate in the development of daily content by developing & researching topics for discussion.
- Help book and guests
- Attend meetings with the station’s program director to ensure content, tactical plans and image are consistent with the station’s overall strategy
- Being present when the show is on the air and on location
- Coordinate logistics for remote and special broadcasts
- Design and manage a system for archiving audio, show content, digital content
- Tactical planning for future shows, immediate opportunities, artist/celebrity interviews
- Collaborate with show hosts and station program director to ensure that the show’s structure and content is being presented in the strongest way possible for maximum ratings growth
- Obtains permissions or licenses for recording or broadcasting on location, and for the use of music, sound effects and audio archive material
- Monitors listener emails, inquiries and responses related to shows
- Minimum 3 years as an on air personality or a producer
- Strong social and digital experience
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, multi-task and the discipline to focus and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with on-air staff, departments and clients
- Ability to work with creative individuals as part of a team; excellent leadership skills
- Knowledge of music, pop culture and current events and how they relate to the station’s target demo
- Have and build great relationships in the music / entertainment community with a deep contact list
- Strong production skills and knowledge of Op X, VOX Pro/Adobe Audition and Audacity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record