WESH 2/CW18, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in the Orlando market, has an immediate opening for a highly skilled, ambitious, hardworking Part-Time Associate Producer to work in our newsroom.
Orlando, Florida Area
May 24, 2022
The qualified candidate will assist producers in all aspects of producing a newscast. This will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information and using video. Associate Producers also assist in making phone calls to gather information about stories. In addition to writing for our broadcasts, our Associate Producers are also assigned to write/post stories daily to our digital and social media sites. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and writing skills. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to get his or her foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism with the ultimate goal of becoming a Producer.
- Researching and writing stories for our newscasts and digital platforms
- Assist producers and reporters with research
- Communicate effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
- Understand social media and be able to produce content on our digital platforms.
- Making follow up calls and beat calls
- Operate the Teleprompter
- In-person attendance is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work on deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with social media.
- Knowledge of ENPS are pluses.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with an emphasis in communications or journalism or equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) preferred.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered