A TYT Network Video Editor (Tier 1) will be responsible for editing daily clips that will run on The Young Turks network of YouTube channels and other platforms.
This is a union-represented position.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
• Editing high-quality video content daily
• Delivering content within regular often short timetables
• Meeting the needs of Producers and Project managers
• Coordinating with other editors to tackle larger projects
• Adapting deliverables to accommodate a growing number of platforms
• Finding and creating assets to improve visual quality of content
• Generating optimized clips for social media platforms, including captioning
• Proficiency with Non-linear Editing Software (Premiere Pro)
• Proficiency with Adobe’s Creative Cloud (Especially Photoshop and After Effects)
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Interest and knowledge of current events is a plus
• Ability to work with team as well as operate independently
• Willingness to work occasional evening/weekend shifts as the need arises
• Production skills, while not required, are always a plus
• 4-year college degree or equivalent experience required
The successful candidate should be able to quickly and creatively turn raw footage into easily watchable, digestible, and shareable video content for a wide variety of platforms. The TYT Network offers many opportunities to try new things and grow, both inside and outside the editing department. An ideal candidate would embrace these opportunities and contribute in a multitude of ways.