WUSA-9 in Washington, D.C. is looking for a highly skilled video editor to join our news team part-time. We are seeking a creative and efficient editor who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile.
Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest editing software, tools and techniques and has a passion for the craft.
• Creative storytelling of the highest journalistic standards.
• Editing a variety of video elements including voice-overs, SOTS, packages, motion graphics and teases .
• Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects & Photoshop) is a plus.
• Must always have a professional demeanor and work well as a team player with news team and staff.
• Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and EFP material, while constantly monitoring quality control editing to scripts and producer notes.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications, film and television production or related field
• 3-5 years of experience preferred
• Strong computer, organizational and communication skills in a fast-paced news environment.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%