WGAL, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA has an opening for a Part-time broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station’s on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania Area
Feb 25, 2022
The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
- Operate cameras and studio floor directing
- Contribute and collaborate with Directors and Producers
- Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
- Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors
- Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed
- Dress microphones and IFBs for all on-camera appearances
- Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
- Assist with facility maintenance and technical projects as required
- Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including live shot setup, audio and director)
- Other duties as assigned by the Broadcast Operations Manager
- In-person attendance is required
Prior experience working in operations at a commercial television station, college, high school or technical school, related military experience -OR- strong interest in broadcasting, broadcast technology, camera and audio operation. Prior work experience outside of the broadcast industry will also be considered.
High school diploma, technical training certificate, college degree or military experience