KDVR/KWGN: The Production Technician position has core responsibility elements to include floor directing, teleprompter, camera operations, and board operations.
The ideal candidate must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of broadcast television production. Duties for the part-time Production Technician include, floor directing, teleprompter, studio camera operation, studio lighting board operation, guest and talent management, and other duties as assigned.
Additional required skills include but are not limited to: audio, proper placement of microphones on news anchors and guests, ability to handle unexpected and last minute changes and ability to effectively communicate those changes promptly to studio talent.
The Production Technician must possess the ability to work promptly, under pressure in a cohesive team environment, have clear verbal skills and be reliable with a great attitude. Must be able to work holidays, weekends and flexible schedules being mindful part of fun here is being a 24/7 operation.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
- Set up, test & operate all audio sources for broadcast and/or pre-production.
- Thoroughly understanding all audio equipment.
- Meet with director to find out show responsibilities and properly execute them.
- Ability to operate studio camera and floor directing duties.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A degree in communications or its equivalent.
- One year experience in a television or production facility.
- Ability to type 35 WPM and must possess accurate spelling skills.
- Knowledge of various audio equipment, both playback and recording are preferred.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- All employees must first contact their current manager before applying for an Internal position.
Salary Range: $15.87/hour