WGAL-TV, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA market, has an opening for a Part-time Photographer. We are seeking a photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what’s happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers.
WGAL-TV, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA market, has an opening for a Part-time Photographer. We are seeking a photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what’s happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. We are also seeking an editor who can simultaneously coordinate feeds, edit with both the eye and ear in mind, and coordinate content elements for multiple shows. Responsibilities include editing for newscasts, as well as, being out in the field shooting, editing, and executing live shots for stories. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up to date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, on laptop computer and iPhone, and edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. Excellent editing skills, time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, ABC and CNN platforms are critical. An eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
- Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for Broadcast Air and On-line postings
- Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories
- Gather and deliver VOs, VO-SOTs, packages and ENG/SNG/TVU live shots for daily newscasts, WGAL.com and other digital platforms
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field
- Work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video
- Produce and publish content to our online platforms
- In-person attendance is required
- Must have computer and software experience
- Previous newsroom editing experience preferred
- Related military experience will be considered
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles, such as ENG trucks, and must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered