BronxNet is seeking Part-time Videographers to help us capture the views and voices in the community of the Bronx!
BronxNet is an independent award-winning not-for-profit producing programming by, for, and about the people of the Bronx, while training the community to produce programs to share with their neighbors and the world.
We are looking for experienced videographers to record quality video and audio for packages, long form pieces, narrative, documentary, studio and remote switched productions.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Shooting video for studio and remote programs, live coverage, news and other productions and promotions.
- Recording quality video and audio in different field settings including news gathering, press conferences, media events, conferences, galas, performances and live events.
- Be accountable for maintaining assigned equipment, including cameras, lights, editors and peripheral gear.
- Meeting critical deadlines under changing conditions, strong time management
- Timely upload and transcode all raw video footage and audio files to BronxNet servers.
- Providing creative and artistic input to assess required camera angles and expert audio gathering to enhance field and studio productions.
- Contributing to special projects/assignments as needed.
- Providing quality assurance on deliverables.
- Work independently or as part of a team to create video which accurately and fairly represents BronxNet standards and values.
- Some travel throughout the Bronx.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience operating and troubleshooting video equipment, including studio and field equipment. The candidate must be able to edit utilizing current standard non-linear editing equipment and acquire quality audio using current standard recorders.
The candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule (weekends and evenings included).
The candidate must be able to work under pressure, make deadlines and manage time efficiently. This person will have a keen attention to detail and take pride in the work being produced. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus. Knowledge of the Bronx a plus.
For consideration e-mail resume with cover letter including hours of availability.
Be sure to include the title of the position in which you are interested.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Experience: Filming: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple locations
Work Remotely: No
Please tell this employer you found the listing at Productions.com