As a PEP Story Producer, you will be responsible for sourcing, researching, writing, and editing content for daily news broadcasts televised or distributed via digital/multi-platforms.
Greater San Diego Area
Jan 03, 2023
- Gather, edit, and assemble local news content – focusing on (but not limited to) News, Weather and Traffic for broadcast and multi-platform applications.
- Conceptualize stories with producers, reporter, and talent, critique production and writing of news stories and edit stories and related video.
- Communicate with show producers and digital team to meet content need requirements.
- Gather and package relevant content around key stories from a range of external sources and feeds and content types.
- Prepare pre-pro, tease, edit and archive tapes.
- Write text articles, publish video clips and edit image galleries according to the local editorial “voice”.
- Program key related index pages for editorial impact, audience appeal and timeliness.
- Execute all publishing workflows for video, images and text including publishing to social media platforms.
- Enforce editorial style guides, standards and practices.
- Help maintain video archive system.
- Please note: This is a short-term role that will last between 6 to 12 months.
Salary Range - $55,000-$65,000
- Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news.
- At least 1 year prior news editing experience in a professional medium to large sized broadcast market or digital environment or equivalent.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to write succinctly and with flair.
- Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and writing intros and leads to video online content.
- Ability to work in a team and across all departments and locations, ensuring that news as published is 100% accurate without typos or errors.
- Flexible, with a willingness to undertake shift work associated with working for a 24/7 news operation.
- Experience of working in content management systems required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the www.nbcunicareers.com site
- Must be willing to work in San Diego
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must have ability to work any of a 24x7 shift
- Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution Program
Desired Characteristics :
- Knowledge of San Diego city and regions and its political and social personalities.
- Proficient with Dalet/Galaxy or similar non-linear digital editing platform.
- Knowledge of Video on Demand Server (VOD).
- Perform basics of photojournalism.
- Experience with Clickability, Social Flow, Stratus systems a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal preferred