Line produce, organize and edit sportscasts within daily news programs on as-needed basis.
Greater Chicago Area
Jul 12, 2022
- Prepare, coordinate, and edit on-air material for daily sportscasts.
- Work under extreme deadline pressure to create compelling sportscasts, in consultation with executive producer and sports anchor.
- Ability to shoot with prosumer camera when needed.
- Monitor and log televised sports events.
- Conceive, create and order graphics.
- Field produce, as needed.
- Maintain an unequivocal commitment to accuracy, fairness and ethics.
- Contribute story ideas
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Creative, organized, and results-oriented
- Line producing skills.
- Experience with non-linear editing. Edius edit system knowledge, a plus.
- Experience with non-linear shooting, a plus.
- Must have strong knowledge of Chicago-area sports
- Knowledge of use of social media and ability to execute station’s digital strategy
- Ability to work flexible schedule, as needed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Two years’ experience as TV sports producer and non-linear editor, preferably in top 20 market
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or similar field
• Available to work irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.