The Associate Music Producer assists the Disney Live Entertainment Music Department staff and consultants, advises/consults with producers, project managers, directors and writers regarding music business/budget issues, creative concepts and music for shows under the guidance of a Music Producer or Principal Music Producer.
The Associate Music Producer may also assist with compositions, arrangements, and orchestrations of music for shows, parades and special events, as well as conduct rehearsals and performances of selected live music for shows and special events under the guidance of a Music Producer or Principal Music Producer. For projects of a smaller scale, the Associate Music Producer may take full responsibility for the completion of a project independently.
The successful candidate will assist with the creation and production of music for Entertainment division projects, as well as special projects, monitoring the quality and quantity of work done by consultants. They will have knowledge of composition, songwriting, arranging, orchestration, conducting, rehearsal technique, music preparation, music library processes, and current music production techniques in the areas of live performance and recording, and music production planning and organization, all at the highest professional standards. This role requires basic practical knowledge in the areas of AFof M labor agreements, music business contracts, music licensing, sound design/re-enforcement, and post production processes.
Responsibilities include decisions concerning new music for live performance groups in all parks and resorts, direct on-going “Entertainment Show Quality” evaluations of existing offerings at the Disneyland Resort and providing appropriate support to maintain original show intent. Accountable for maintaining up-to-date music library and talent/industry contact database, directing and/or executing arrangements and orchestrating music, delivering demos, and scheduling recording sessions through post-production and implementation.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Entertainment Industry working in show development and operation of live shows
- Good understanding of current technology and industry standards for all aspects of music production, editing equipment and post-production skills (theatrical, industrial, concert, touring, etc.) as applied to live shows
- Basic instrumental orchestration, vocal writing and composition skills with knowledge of all musical styles; i.e. classical, jazz, rock, Latin, etc.
- Knowledge of music association legalities; i.e. AF of M, SAG-AFTRA, ASCAP, BMI, etc.
- Proven ability to support the creative process by collaborating with other Designers, Directors, Writers and Producers
- Basic understanding in contract negotiations for Consultants to develop scope and value
- Strong knowledge of Disney product including Theme Park productions as well as movie scores
- Proven ability to deliver on a project’s established scope, schedule and budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express creative ideas
- Ability to work flexible hours - nights, weekends and holidays - including occasional travel
- General computer skills including basic Microsoft Office products and industry specific software (ProTools, Finale, etc.)
- Willing to travel to domestic and foreign venues for extended periods of time
- Must have, or be willing to obtain a passport and corporate credit card for travel
- 5 years of experience in the Entertainment Industry working in show development and operation of live shows
- Preferred 2 years’ experience in live show development with The Walt Disney Company
- Preferred thorough knowledge and understanding of The Walt Disney Company brand
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual a plus
BA, BM, or BS required Field of Study: Artistic and technical musical expertise related to practical music skills pertinent to the music, or equivalent