The ideal candidate will have an exceptional creative eye, be culturally relevant and abreast of all current trends within the creative, photo, fashion and design industry.
The candidate must have an editorial mind, strong communication skills, attention to detail, and a passion to push the envelope creatively. The ability to work to quickly to meet editorial deadlines whist maintaining creative vision is key, with a passion for visual storytelling a must.
A background in Photography or Design with a strong social presence is an advantage.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Strong visual story telling across Editorial, Social and Digital Platforms
• Follow Creative Direction from Senior Picture Editor
• Adhere Photographic Brand Identity Guidelines, Process and Structure
• Ensure all deliverables meet creative brief expectations
• Create and manage timelines and budgets
• Help maintain, develop and evolve Photographic Brand Identity Guidelines
• Keep abreast of all Photographic, Design and Cultural trends
• Post-Production; retouching coordination, asset management, talent approvals, & licensing
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
• Attend daily intake meetings with Editorial and Creative teams to scope photographic needs across platforms
• Provide creative POV for Photography Direction across Editorial, Social and Digital platforms
• Research and edit and daily and weekly Editorial photo stories
• Create and build briefs & shot lists, that align with the creative direction of the specific project
• Organize, file and distribute images as per Photographic Brand Identity Guidelines, Process and Structure
• Creative research of current Photographic portfolios, exhibitions and events
• 3+ years experience within either the Photographic, Design or Art Industries
• Creative Degree level of Education preferred
• Excellent time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to organize, set and implement priorities
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop; Bridge; InDesign