WOI/KCWI in Des Moines, IA is looking for a Photographer/Visual Storyteller to join our news team. We are seeking a motivated and artistic candidate who can shoot, edit, and create sharable and exciting content for all platforms.
Live Event / On Location Services
Des Moines, Iowa Area
Oct 31, 2022
This candidate is proficient with live news gathering tools and on live streaming when necessary. The ideal candidate is a team player, who is available for breaking news, and flexible to work different shifts as necessary. The Storyteller is also skilled at editing both news packages and newscasts on a fill in basis.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Produce original content for on-air and on all digital platforms.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and other forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Fill in on newscast editing when needed
- Cover breaking, general, sports, weather stories and features, often in partnership with our multiskilled journalists.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Operate live units such as dejero
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Perform other tasks as required by Chief Photographer, or other News Managers and Assignment Editor.
- 1-3 years of experience preferred but not required
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Experience with Edius and/or Adobe Premiere, a plus
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.