KMOV's Photographer/Editor shoots and edits video of various news events, and is responsible for capturing the visuals of news stories and editing all forms of media for our daily news broadcasts.
KMOV's Photographer/Editor shoots and edits video of various news events, and is responsible for capturing the visuals of news stories and editing all forms of media for our daily news broadcasts. The Photographer shoots in a compelling and brand-focused way to attract the largest audience to the Station's newscasts. Must be able to operate high tech multimedia equipment including ENG vehicles.
The Photographer/Editor is responsible for shooting and editing news stories in a compelling and brand-focused way. Must be able to operate high tech multimedia equipment, including ENG vehicles. The position helps maintain operating function of the editing and archive system. Coordinates photography hardware setup, operates, and maintains equipment. This is a part-time, (per diem) position averaging 16-24 hours per week. Must have the ability to work various shifts.
*** Please note, the primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above ***
* Associates of Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Film or Communications
* Minimum two years experience as a Photographer at a TV station.
* Experience with Edius, Avid, i-news, ENPS, and internet production tools.
* Strong editing and shooting skills, along with good news gathering skills.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast paced newsroom environment.
* Ability to work well with others in a team-oriented environment
* Self-starter with the ability to follow through on projects until completion.
* Attention to detail, along with the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
* Must possess a valid CT driver's license with good driving record Flexible scheduling, as this is a part-time position.
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Bachelors or better in Film and Video Production or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Journalism or related field.
2 years: experience as a Photographer at a TV station.
Licenses & Certifications