KATC, the E.W. Scripps owned ABC affiliate, is looking for experienced and creative photographers to join our team in Lafayette, Louisiana. Our photographers are responsible for capturing and editing visual content for multiple platforms.
Live Event / On Location Services
Oct 11, 2022
We are a group of professionals that understand the fast pace nature of the business but realize that as photojournalists good story telling is what makes us the dominate broadcast station in town. We are seeking self-motivated creators who want to win with every story they tell.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms. Will also be responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to video camera, video editing equipment, portable live equipment, and microwave live truck.
- Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms
- Operate and maintain live equipment including microwave, satellite and related news gathering equipment
- Work in tandem with newsroom personnel to create and develop news stories
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Tools used: Shoot with Sony cameras and GoPros, TVUs, Drone, portable live equipment, microwave and satellite trucks.
- Work schedules may include mornings, evenings, and weekend assignments.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a photographer role.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree or equivalent vocation/technical experience preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Flexibility with scheduling as to assigned days of the week and work times.
- Proficiency with lighting and computer-based editing.
- Proficiency with portable live equipment and live microwave truck operations.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and libel laws
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station's web sites.
- Able to work efficiently under multiple deadlines on a daily basis.
- Ability to collaborate successfully in a team environment and make decisions quickly during any type of coverage.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.