Boston, MA Responsible for shooting and editing high quality news stories for a competitive station in a top 10 market.
Location Not Provided
Dec 09, 2021
- Responsible for shooting and editing high quality news stories for a competitive station in a top 10 market.
- Work cooperatively to conduct outstanding, well-produced live shots for multiple newscasts throughout a busy programming day with frequent deadlines.
- Maintain consistent, clear, and effective communication with managers, reporters, producers, and assignment editors as part of a fast-moving newsgathering team.
- Perform daily inventory of vehicle and equipment to ensure the integrity and functionality of all assigned gear.
- Assist ENG coordinators, editors, and producers through the quick ingest and distribution of recorded material to minimize time to air.
- Operate microwave and satellite trucks as well as cellular-bonded methods of transmission
- Ensure safe and consistent operation of vehicles, recording, and transmission equipment daily. Including in inclement weather and other difficult conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
Ability to work well and cooperatively with many different types of people and personalities in the field and in the newsroom
• Punctual, regular and consistent attendance. Scheduling flexibility is a must.
• An expert understanding of video cameras, non-linear editing systems, and basic audio/video signal flow is absolutely required.
• Qualified applicants will have at least 5 years of shooting and editing experience in a competitive news environment.
• Qualified applicants must demonstrate an understanding of established quality control standards for video and audio.
• Previous experience with professional news gathering equipment. Knowledge of Panasonic P2 cameras and Adobe Premier editing platforms strongly preferred. Training will be offered to successful applicants.
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities a must
• Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Ability to work any shift in a 24/7 news environment including nights, weekends, overnights and holidays.
Day, Evening, Overnight