Toledo Zoo & Aquarium: Under general supervision, the Photographer/Videographer produces quality-focused photographic and video content to assist in supporting and enhancing our mission: Enjoy. Inspire. Educate. Act.
Toledo, Ohio Area
Apr 13, 2022
This position will be responsible for a range of projects including photographing and videotaping animals, guest experiences, events, conservation efforts, etc. Projects created will be featured on social media platforms, Zoo grounds, broadcast television, and toledozoo.org. Reports to the Lead Photographer/Videographer. This position is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and requires forty hours per scheduled workweek.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produces a variety of video and photo products for social media, broadcasting, external distribution, and live streaming for various visual-driven multi media outlets such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, etc.
- Coordinates photographic and video assignments with various internal departments. Maintains healthy communication with all departments during production planning, proofing and revisions.
- Executes pre-production, production, and post-production tasks. Conducts set and on-location video and photo sessions which involve interacting with clients, visitors, animals, and staff while operating portable video, photo, and audio equipment. Transports and sets up lighting, camera, and audio equipment as required.
- Performs additional production tasks such as concept development, scheduling, creative direction, lighting, and audio recording.
- Uses creative knowledge to construct video and photo compositions. Analyzes subject material, uses artistic judgement, and selects appropriate equipment, lighting, angle and background for optimum results.
- Conducts video and photo post-production tasks including offloading media, reviewing footage, editing, color correction, color grading, and exporting content.
- Crafts content and stories that align with the Zoo’s mission, vision, style, and quality standards.
- Works in conjunction with fellow Creative Services team members to provide imagery for graphic design, web development, and marketing materials.
- Supplements and maintains the Zoo’s digital media archives. Update and organize existing archives for easy access.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, or arrange for repair of errors and equipment malfunctions (software and hardware) and performs routine maintenance as needed.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or other photo/video related discipline and at least two years of experience attaining strong photographic and videographic skills or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Cloud (Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Audition, etc.).
- Must provide a portfolio and/or film reel for review that demonstrates a solid understanding of creative fundamentals, camera operation, and editing capabilities.
- Working knowledge of DSLR, mirrorless, and action cameras. Experience with operating gimbals, drones, and other specialty equipment is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the Zoo fleet insurance carrier.
The Toledo Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a drug and alcohol free workplace and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.