WSB TV is looking for a Photographer/Videographer to join our team!
Are you a photographer with a trained eye? Are you able to tell a strong visual story in still and moving images? Are you versed with the modern equipment, hardware and software needed to do it? Television is a visual medium, and Photojournalists weave the tapestry of the stories we tell.
Cox Media Group has an opening for a full-time Photojournalist who has the ability to identify and acquire the best pictures and sound, and put them together to tell stories that will impact people on TV, radio, and all digital platforms, while operating state-of-the-art broadcast equipment for live and produced segments.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Operate and maintain a professional quality video camera and related news gathering equipment; be -- or quickly become -- proficient at field troubleshooting.
- Be familiar with and understand non-linear editing techniques to meet deadlines and create high-impact stories.
- Operate and maintain live equipment including microwave, satellite, and LiveU backpack.
- Work with reporters in the field to turn visually-creative, memorable stories as well as interesting, active live shots.
- Bring story ideas and creative energy to the table every day.
What We Look For
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Education: 2 year college or trade school
- Experience: 2 years in news or related field
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 40 pounds and work mornings, nights, holidays, and weekends.