WSFA-TV 12 News in Montgomery, Alabama has an immediate opening for a full-time Photojournalist/Editor.
We are looking for a talented photojournalist to shoot and edit news stories, conduct interviews and coordinate lives-shots with reporters. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable with video and editing equipment and have a creative vision for storytelling.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and daily deadlines.
- Must have good creative and editorial judgment.
- Mastery of journalistic ethics.
- Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
- Must be available for overnight travel.
- Ability to lift loads up to 50 lbs.
- Work with producers, reporters, and editors to create news stories.
- Feed stories back to station from live remotes from LIVEU backpacks as well as microwave trucks.
Please note, primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above.
Education: College degree required from an accredited College or University, majoring in Communications or Journalism.
Experience: Minimum 1-2 years experience shooting and editing digital at a local television station. Working with JVC camera equipment, LIVE U as well as BitCentral/Edius non-linear editing experience is a plus.
License/Certificates: Must have a clean driving record and possess a valid driver's license.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references