WLTX-TV in Columbia, S.C. is looking for a Photojournalist, who would also work as a Production Assistant. We are seeking highly- skilled photographers who can tell great stories on their own or with a partner.
Columbia, South Carolina Area
Feb 23, 2022
The ideal candidates for this position would also have knowledge of how to operate an audio board, run remote-controlled in-studio cameras, and have an interest in technical directing.
The person who is hired for this position will be able to multi-task. He or she should be familiar with the latest editing software, tools and techniques, and proficient with live news gathering tools and are able to participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary.
- Edit, file and post a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, high-end animations and bumpers.
- Operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius and Adobe Premiere. Knowledge of After Effects is a plus.
- Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
- Cover breaking news, general assignment, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Oversee the overall look of our product across multiple platforms.
- Ability to work with a team of people to achieve clean newscasts.
- Have high attention to detail to find and correct problems before they hit the air.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule is a must. May require mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be flexible with scheduling, including but not limited to, breaking news and illness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.