The HTV Digital Studio, Hearst Television’s national production outlet, is responsible for the production of great episodic content for our Very Local streaming app across the country and has an opening for a Post Production Supervisor.
As a Post Supervisor, you will act as the primary contact across all phases of post production and ensure our team successfully delivers within an approved schedule, and technical and budget parameters. This position reports to the Manager, Post Production, and works in concert with the Manager, acting as the bridge between productions and internal teams to anticipate challenges, problem solve and communicate expectations and Studio needs.
People who excel on this team are positive, kind, self-motivated, flexible of thought and able to juggle multiple responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and a drive to problem solve. This role is for you if you have a solid understanding of video production, hands-on experience editing digital content and are excited by finding solutions to complex problems. The ideal candidate is an organized self-starter, adaptable, who excels in a deadline-driven environment, and is highly motivated to problem solve and be a key team player for our internal production operations team.
- Help standardize editorial and business project management within The Studio and implement upgraded processes as strategies evolve.
- Build-out and maintain post-production process manuals and other internal documents and maintain proper tracking, QC and archiving of video assets across internal teams, supporting the technical operations/asset management cycles.
- Coordinate the onboarding process of editors/freelancers to the ecosystem of HTVDS tools including assisting editorial teams with best practices.
- Train and mentor junior and assistant editors on proper edit practices, basic color correction and sound mixing practices.
- Maintaining the organization and allocation permissions of files on cloud-based systems.
- Assist the Manager, Post Production in vetting post production budgets and schedules to ensure each show has the resources and plan to deliver content of the highest quality.
- Work closely with teams to maintain workflows and increase efficiency with internal project sharing and submission of assets to ensure proper publication and archiving.
- Track projects in the pre-production phase in anticipation of those projects coming into post-production.
- Support post-production operations throughout and look for ways to increase productivity and lower costs.
- Forms close working relationships across teams in order to achieve consensus around processes and implement them as smoothly as possible.
- Maintenance of AirTable distribution and project management.
- Provide ad-hoc support for other content-related initiatives and perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 3-5 year’s experience in a post-production operations-focused role.
- Experience using Airtable or similar function and demonstrated success in utilizing tables, views, and automations.
- Experience using Adobe Suite, (Premiere/Media Encoder, After effects, InDesign, Photoshop), Resolve, Google Docs, Microsoft Office.
- An understanding and interest in the backend administration of media asset management systems.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising numerous projects in various states.
- Ability to adapt to new workflows and work with project management tools.
- A high attention to detail and an obsession with organization.
- The ability to prioritize and respond accordingly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to multitask.
- Proficient in Mac and PC environments.
- Able to work independently or with a team.
- A quick, willing, and curious learner.
- A good attitude! Our work family and positive culture is everything to the HTV Digital Studio team.