We are looking for writers to help further develop the world and series arcs, as well as break stories and write scripts for the series. Both staff and freelance positions may be available.
In this series, nine-year old “Codekeeper” Ava - curious, abrupt, bestdancereveramirite? - protects the video game world she lives in from bugs, hackers and all glitches in between. This big-hearted, animated action-comedy seeks to tell great stories that inspire girls and other underrepresented groups to explore coding.
A Day in the Life:
- Offer a clear point of view and passion for the project.
- Help break stories and write episodes.
- Participate in creative brainstorms and coding/gaming information and research sessions.
- Communicate effectively with team members and evaluate feedback openly.
- Collaborate with grace, humility, inclusion, and open-mindedness.
- Troubleshoot and proactively address notes.
- Meet deadlines from concept to final deliverables.
Do you have what it takes?
- Samples and credits demonstrating excellence in three or more previous freelance or staff writer roles in preschool (2-5) or children’s (6-11) programming.
- Outstanding collaborative skills: ability to be personable and synergetic with a unique group of creative staff
- Excellent verbal, written, and online communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for telling animated stories.
- Commitment to keeping inclusion and diversity top of mind.
- Enthusiasm and/or expertise in gaming/narrative design and/or coding a plus
A college degree or advanced education is not required. This opportunity is US-based.
At Netflix, we want people from different backgrounds to feel expected, reflected and respected. That is why we are committed to providing a great workplace for everyone: if you have any accommodation needs, let us know and we’ll work it out together.