MPC: Lead and mentor a team of Technical Directors, ensuring they have the necessary skills to meet project requirements and deadlines.
Nov 17, 2023
Lead and mentor a team of Technical Directors, ensuring they have the necessary skills to meet project requirements and deadlines.
*In this document, the masculine gender is used as a generic, in order to lighten the text.
- Take responsibility for the health and success of the projects and shows your team works on.
- Work with project managers and R&D operations to draft project charters and report progress.
- Lead the relationship with key stakeholders to develop solutions in collaboration with the Technical Director.
- Collaborate with the software development team to customize and extend industry standard software and tools to meet specific studio needs.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues to maintain a stable production environment.
- Work with local department managers to provide meaningful performance reviews for your team members.
- Participate, if necessary, in interviews with candidates likely to join your team or be assigned to projects related to your field.
- Track your efforts using the methods and tools provided according to TCS R&D project management standards, and promote accurate reporting.
- Ensure final production meets the highest quality standards, while managing technical constraints and limitations.
- Advanced knowledge of Python or C++
- A degree in computer science, technical animation, or an engineering field is preferred, although equivalent production experience is also considered.
- Skilled in Linux and Git. Significant knowledge of one or more VFX applications (Houdini, Maya, etc.).
- Significant experience developing and releasing software for a company or organization.
- Demonstrable experience interpreting stakeholder requests and delivering functional solutions.
- Experience leading a team or project or extensive experience as a senior level developer.
- Knowledge of PySide, PyQt.
- Experience with Confluence and/or Jira.
- Understanding of how data flows between departments within a VFX studio.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum methodology.