Are you a storyteller? An investigator? Are you driven by a need to find the truth? Producers report the original content that is the backbone of our news operations.
WSOC TV is in search of a Producer who consistently crafts in-depth, fast-paced, memorable newscasts. The successful candidate must be able to own breaking news inside newscasts and in extended coverage. In addition, successful candidates must understand coverage on all platforms and are expected to help generate enterprise story ideas. Collaboration with others is a must for this position, and candidates should be open to feedback and have a desire to grow in their role. Candidates should have at least 2 years of producing experience.
Effective October 1, 2021, all newly hired CMG employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. CMG will provide reasonable accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
- Communicates with reporters and content center to develop storytelling within broadcast
- Writes for broadcast including intros and tags creating cohesive storytelling
- Works with Executive Producer and Managing Editor to execute daily newscasts
- Ability to prioritize assignments
- Participates in daily editorial meetings
- Commands control in control room by communicating clear vision to production team, reporters and anchors
- Builds relationships with all team members proactively including anchors and meteorologists.
- Understands and executes station research
- Assists in the production of special projects and other content related to program and/or station
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Balance of strong journalist skills, ability to execute action plans and creative vision to support strong show delivery
- Ability to recognize stories with potential and develop them into compelling broadcast content
- Ability to scour social media for story ideas and make calls to confirm
- Excellent time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
What We Look For
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience in local TV news is preferred
- Prior news management experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Journalism or Communications preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be thoroughly professional in all aspects of journalism
- Must be well read on current affairs and have a wide range working knowledge and understanding of general interest subjects