The First Coast News is looking for a Multi-Platform News Producer.
The ideal person for this position understands newscasts are crafted, not stacked.
We are looking for a journalist. This person should have solid news judgment, be innovative in the use of exciting video, highly produced graphics, and creative writing to connect with our consumers across broadcast, online and social platforms.
- Fact-checking and second-sourcing information for credibility
- Write in a conversational style
- Craft on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
- Create, unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
- Develop original content ideas/ story pitches
- Use consumer analytics in determining content
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Work collaboratively with other team members
- Understand digital platforms and contribute news content to those platforms
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field of study or relevant experience
- Understanding of the tenets of ethical journalism
- 1-3 years of experience producing/line producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius, Axis Graphics preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to handle highly intensive live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.