FOX61 in Hartford is looking for its next power producer. The ideal candidate thrives on innovation and will help our product stand out from the rest of the market.
The producer must have a strong editorial voice, pay close attention to detail, work to differentiate their newscasts from the competition, have a commanding presence in the booth, take direction from executive producers, shift on a dime for breaking news and not be afraid to take risks!
- Do you win the big story every day?
- Are you a showcasing wiz?
- Do you own breaking news and team coverage?
- Do you add context and perspective to your newscast?
- Are you innovative?
- Are you calm and in command in the booth?
- Do you have a competitive spirit?
If you check all those boxes and more... apply today!
• Produce a creative and informative newscast
• Coordinate writing, editing of scripts that mix video, sound and graphics to enhance storytelling
• Coordinate and plan live shots
• Develop and oversee the production of graphics
• Work under deadlines
• Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
• Communicate with anchors, field crews and control room staff
• Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute news
• Must keep up on local, state, national and international events
• Contribute story ideas to the newsroom daily
• Contribute content to FOX61.com and social/digital platforms
• Must work individually as well as part of a team
• Must have 1-3 years of experience
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field
• Strong Writer
• Solid News Judgement
• This position requires someone who can exercise discretion, best judgment, and has solid journalistic/ethical skills
• Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts throughout the year.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.