ABC News Radio is seeking an experienced producer to join our dedicated team of journalists.
ABC News Radio reaches more Americans than any other commercial radio network. This is your chance to bring important and impactful stories to millions of listeners! You’ll work alongside a team of anchors, writers, and producers who have been recognized with numerous awards and honors, including the Edward R. Murrow award for Overall Excellence.
The ideal candidate would be ready to jump in, producing live breaking news coverage and special reports, participating in all stages of the production process: researching, booking, reporting, pitching, interviewing, cutting audio, scripting, editing, and mixing – soup to nuts!
This person must have exceptional editorial judgment, superior writing and audio production skills, and be able to work and communicate effectively under pressure.
This position reports directly to the Deputy Managing Editor of ABC News Radio.
- Respond to breaking news events, and communicate directly with affiliate stations
- Direct anchors, correspondents, guests during live coverage
- Identify and book experts/newsmakers
- Produce longform/special programming
- Write, edit and produce radio newscasts and sportscasts
- Contribute to editorial meetings with creative story ideas
- Minimum of five years of experience in large-market or network-level radio/audio production
- Expertise in audio editing and sound mixing
- Experience in a control room/live coverage studio
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience