Candidates must be curious, creative and collaborate in the newsroom with a strong editorial voice. Our show producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, and conversational writing.
The ideal candidate will share ideas for daily local content, while maintaining attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of each newscast, while also meeting tight deadlines.
• Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, and specialized local content for the newscast.
• Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Work directly with Executive Producer & other management to consistently build a high-quality newscast
• Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
• Enterprise local news stories
• Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
- The ideal candidate has an interest in broadcast and digital media, advertising, public relations and/or marketing communications
- Experience in design, production, digital advertising, social media and/or multi-platform solutions preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe CC Suite, specifically: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, and/or After Effects and must be able to show examples of work
- Proficient use in social media platforms and ad placement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an eye for details
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable with constant evolution
- Must be a team player, comfortable working in a highly-collaborative environment
- Open, honest communication skills and willingness to give and receive constructive feedback are essential