The Producer job entails booking guests for daily news/futures segments and during breaking news coverage, as well prepping guests for the show, and pitching and vetting stories thoroughly.
Greater New York City Area
Oct 28, 2022
- The Producer job entails booking guests for daily news/futures segments and during breaking news coverage, as well prepping guests for the show, and pitching and vetting stories thoroughly.
- Seasoned booking experience required in order to pivot to timely stories and move quickly to secure interviews. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for writing suggested introductions and questions for segments/preinterviews, as well as gathering elements for the rundown.
- Candidate may need to work a staggered schedule that will include weekends and late nights, as well as holidays. In addition to long hours, travel may be expected as needed.
- ABCNL Producers will work to ensure guests reflect the demographics of our target audience and present a wide variety of viewpoints on various subjects. They will also work closely with teams across ABC News.
- The ideal candidate will have TV production experience in booking, field producing, writing and editing.
- Minimum of 8 years of Booking experience in a fast-paced news environment or on a similar live broadcast or streaming channel.
- Candidate needs to possess strong editorial judgment along with the ability to communicate clearly, multi-task and prioritize.
- Candidate must be able to take initiative, but also work collaboratively.
- Candidate must be flexible enough to work in a start-up environment, but also understand and work with existing systems in the broadcast side of ABC
- iNews and Avid experience
- Knowledge of shooting on DV cameras, ability to use TVUs, adept at utilizing social media outlets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.